Audrey helped me try to get the two photoresistors to start behaving. Lighting up individual lights was proving difficult, so each photoresistor now controls the whole strip. We had to go on a hunt for 10k resistors, which was an adventure that only yielded one additional resistor..
So Audrey helped me and the first couple of neopixels turn on and off with the amount of light!!!
Then I attempted to add another photoresistor to the mix and you know what that means...it did some random stuff.
Audrey was so nice enough to write up some code for me. It initiates the strip to turn off when there isn't any light in the beginning. But then the strip does not respond when I try to recover the photoresistor. But the on board neopixel does if you notice in the pictures.
Today in class this was my status:
I could still not make the photoresistor work and the light was constantly on. So of course when Audrey touched it...
First, we used the Arduino, which has the serial monitor and makes it easier to see how much light the photoresistor is getting. And it worked!!
Then we transferred this to the SquareWear and used the internal LED to test the photoresistor. And it worked!!
But now I what the neopixel strip to change with the light, so that's for another day.
I tried to get the lights to respond to the amount of light using the light sensor on the SquareWear first. ( I have no idea if this is a good strategy or not, I am clueless.) I have never had this happen, but it uploaded the code and there are no errors...but it doesn't do anything...so there's that
So I have been trying to alter the code to change the colors or the LEDs so they are not just red, green, or blue. With the help of the color wheel I found yesterday, I figured out how to make several different color variations!